“You got big dreams? You want Fame? Well Fame costs, and right here is where you start payin’. In sweat.”
16. The Courtship of Eddie’s Father – I only watched this show a little, when I was pretty young, but I love this theme song. I’m pretty sure it’s by Harry Nilsson. There’s something so late-sixties-Jonathon-Livingston-Seagull-Mr.-Brady-tight-white-pants-groovy about it. Plus, The Hulk was in it.
17. Gimme A Break – Nell Carter as a surrogate mother to three kids, including Joey Lawrence. Whoa. I couldn’t find the original beginning from Season 1, so if you stick around through the first song you get to here the soft rock version that they used in the other seasons. The first one is way better. You should also find and pick up “Ain’t Misbehavin”. Nell is pretty amazing.
18. Fame – I wanted to go to this school, and I wanted to go out with Reardon (Morgan Stevens), and I wanted my best friend to be Julie (Lori Singer). She was in Footloose. Sigh. Sister Kristin and I used to dance around the living room when this show was on. To the horror of my parents, I’m sure. “He’s very… theatrical”.
19. Cheers – Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got. Taking a break from all your worries sure would help alot. Wouldn’t you like to get away? Yes. Yes I would.
20. The Golden Girls – I’m Rose. Hubby is Dorothy. Sabrina is Blanche. And Jess is Sophia. It’s true, you all know it. PS – Thank you for being a friend.