If we made it there, we can make it anywhere! …So I hear.
Hubby and I just returned from a gala Valentine’s weekend in New York City. We did most everything that we wanted to do (and a little bit more). In the days to come I will share stories and pictures, but today I will provide you merely with the list of activities and places that we went. Ready?
– Flew into LaGuardia
– Taxi to Hotel (The Library Hotel)
– Gasped at relative size of hotel room (huge for NYC)
– Grabbed a bite at the Pret A Manger
– Went to Public Library, explored, imagined that we were there with Jake Gyllenhaal and a huge wall of water is coming. Hold me Jake!
– Checked out Fashion Week at Bryant Park, saw somebody being photo’d by the paparazzi but am not cool enough to know who it was.
– Dinner at Shun Lee, Dim Sum
– Opera at the Met (Adriana Lecouvreur), starring Pladico Domingo
– Desserts at Europa
– Went to oldest Gay bookstore in NYC (sadly closing soon)
– Went to Stonewall Inn (site of riot that started gay rights movement)
– Went to one of several puppy stores on Christopher Street.
– Brunch at Manatus on Bleeker Street
– Went to ABC Home store. Died, went to heaven.
– Walked through Times Square
– “Forbidden Broadway” musical (excellent)
– Dinner at Sardi’s (the place with all the portraits). Best steak ever.
– Museum of Natural History, saw a Planetarium show
– Walked beside Central Park
– Fought with the subway system
– Lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp
– Matinee of “Billy Elliot”
– Went to Ziegfeld Theater, saw “Coraline” in 3D
– Take out at Stage Deli
– Went to Battery Park
– Stood in line for Statue of Liberty visit, but she was all booked up.
– Went to Ground Zero
– Went to Macy’s
– Lunched at Max Brenner (Chocolatier)
– Walked 18 blocks back to hotel
– Back to LaGuardia
And yes, we have the blisters to prove how much we walked. But a more perfect or romantic Valentine’s Day I have never had. More tomorrow!