Balls & Calf Hooves
1. Hubby and I went to see Transformers II – The Rise of the Fallen 0n Friday night at the IMAX. Which, if you are going to see this robot on robot movie, is the only way to go. There are no soliloquies. It’s not art. It’s giant robots smashing the bejesus out of each other. You need to see it large and loud. I think the high point was when one giant robot was climbing the pyramid, and we got a long and lingering shot of two wrecking balls between his legs. Classy.
2. Last night we watched (netflixed) A Haunting In Connecticut. Aside from the million silly jump scares and the standard walk-quickly-by-a-doorway or appear-briefly-in-a-mirror scary guys, it was a pretty good story. The Hub had to turn away when they started cutting off the eyelids, but you know. That could get to some people.
3. We are having Chez Chris2fer appraised this afternoon to find out its value. I don’t know if we should clean or if we just let the guy walk through and then offer him cookies or something. What is the proper way to bribe an appraiser? Come on, guy! Let’s make the house worth more than we initially paid, at least!
4. I had halfway convinced myself that I should try some of the recipes from Mastering The Art Of French Cooking, simply because I enjoyed the book (Julie & Julia) so much. However, I was put off by the NASTY sounding name of some of the food, such as “Eggs in Aspic” (Oeufs en Gelée) ? Do you know that aspic is gelatin made by boiling calf hooves? And that through a series of precise and impossible movements you eventually end up with an egg surrounded by calf hoof gelatin? Yum?…
5. Aside from all the shenanigans, I do want Paula Abdul to be on American Idol. Bye bye bye, Kara.