I’m very nose-centric…
1. Air Conditioning – When I was younger and didn’t have an air conditioner of my own I vividly remember going into my sister’s room (she had one (Mom and Dad love her more)) and luxuriating in the cool, humidity-free air. AC has a scent. It does! It smells a little of ozone and a little of Springtime. I guess I can’t explain it well, but I realized it when we put the AC in our bedroom this last week. I went upstairs after a long night sweating in the living room and walked into the bedroom and it reminded me of the scent of Summer.
2. Canary Island Banana Yankee Candle – Corey gave this to me for my birthday last month. It smells heavily of ripe bananas. Interestingly, my mother hates the taste (and therefore the smell) of bananas. There are a surprising number of people who do. The Hub likes to eat them, but not smell them. I furtively burn this when he is not home, hunkered down over the flame sniffing. Mmm.
3. Tommy Cologne – As I have stated before, when I was in college a friend of mine gave me a small bottle of Tommy after I had complemented him on wearing it. I recently bought a bottle of it on a whim and was surprised how good it smells. Definitely a summer cologne for life. All the women in my office have started hanging around my cube just to smell me. Yay?
4. Drakes Apple Fruit Pies – The Hub brought these home the last time he went shopping. And yes, I know that they are terrible for you. They are the Satan of snack foods. They are filled with poison that will instantly kill you in horrible ways. They will clog your arteries and give you indigestion and stop your heart. That said… If you microwave these two little golden pies for 10 seconds, the smell that they give off is pure unadulterated perfect childhood. I defy you to not think of the playground and swing sets and bagged lunch.
5. Comet – The smell of Comet reminds me of Mom, and how she would use it to clean the bathroom when we were kids. Actually, it reminds me of cleaning the bathroom for my mother when I was a kid. That tub never got clean enough for her. If only we had had the Magic Eraser then. Anyway. Comet smells like what clean should smell like – bright and white and cold. I know that doesn’t make much sense, but if you think about it, I’m right.
Haven’t you realized that I’m always right?